Security State Bank sits on the site of the Buckhorn Saloon which was in operation during the late 1890s and early 1900s. On April 12, 1941, Security State Bankofficially opened its doors under the direction of its first president, P.T. Donop. The bank established the whitetail deer as its logo to preserve the historical remembrance of the old Buckhorn Saloon and continues to use it to this day.
In 1962, the bank altered its name to Security State Bank & Trust and renovated the bank building. Since then, the bank has experienced great growth, expanding to 8 locations with ATMs and drive thrus. Security State Bank & Trust plans to grow some more with the opening of their Pale Face Park branch in March of 1998.